Boston Art & Music Soul Festival 2019
Sat, Jun 22, 2019 at 12pm
- Free and open to the public
- Live Music + Entertainment
- Visual Art
- Outdoor games
- Food trucks
- Local Vendors
- Family friendly
The 2nd Annual Boston Art & Music Soul Festival takes place on June 22, 2019, 12-8pm inside the historic Franklin Park Playstead Field, home to the best cultural festivals and concerts in the City of Boston.
We kick off this year with the theme #RepresentationMatters,where attendees can expect a full day filled with experiences such as:
- 2 STAGES featuring 19 local bands and national entertainers of R&B, Hip-Hop, Afrobeat/House, Jazz, Fusion, Funk, Soul, and Spoken Word.
- REP YOUR CITY, an interactive, live social justice art themed exhibition with New England-based emerging painters and graffiti writers all curated by Boston's own local legend Rob " ProBlak" Gibbs, co-Found of Artists for Humanity
- BEAT FEET DANCE ZONE, a high-energy, "dance at your own pace" area, where attendees can learn both traditional and contemporary African and Afro-centric dance styles from local choreographers curated by the Racines Black Dance Festival.
- FOOD TRUCKS that highlight a curated selection of ethnic cuisines representative of the people, neighborhoods and culture that define the City of Boston.
- B.Y.O.G. (Bring Your Own Game) - Are you a spectator or a competitor? Grab some friends and bring your own board and card games and stay for the whole day.
- LOCAL VENDORS – A showcase of artists, craft makers, creative entrepreneurs and minority-owned small businesses from across New England.
This event is free and open to the public, but pre-registration is encouraged. Receive updates on festival changes and pre-sale announcements to events.
BAMS Festival is made possible by grants from Mass Cultural Council and Boston Cultural Council.
BAMS Festival is sponsored by The Boston Foundation, Berklee College of Music and the City of Boston Mayor's Office of Arts & Culture, 97.7FM, Bay State Banner newspaper and Ethnic Online.